The Moses Folk property located on the Northwest corner of Franklin and Washington Streets. The property extends from Franklin Street to Almond Alley which runs from Washington Street to Arch Street. Located there first was the Moses Folk Carriage Works which produced quality wagons, buggies and sleighs for over fifty years. Upon the death of Moses at age 33, his son Richard Folk succeeded him.
James Hill worked for the Moses Folk Carriage Works and in his spare moments developed a steam engine which was set upon the frame of a carriage. The borough condemned the machine as a menace to the safety of animals and pedestrians; consequently, it was stored in the shop andlater the frame was used again. The later model, operated by gasoline was housed in a building owned by Daniel Shade (click on photo at the right) on West Main Street.
In 1910 William H. Seaman purchased the property and opened a car dealership in the very same old wooden structure. In 1930 the original wooden building was razed and replaced by a modern brick building used by Seaman Chevrolet for many years.